Scrip is a parish-wide fundraising effort. Gift certificates/cards to your favorite restaurants, grocery stores, department stores, theaters, sporting good stores, home improvement stores and more, are available for purchase after Masses each weekend. Each establishment donates a percentage of the purchase back to the Church.
Volunteers are always needed to sell Scrip before and after each Mass on the weekends. Contact Kristin Lopeman (913-634-6826) or Colleen Hochberg (816-547-2857) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it works:
- Prince of Peace purchases gift cards at a discounted price (2% to 20%) that varies by retailer.
- Once a parishioner purchases that gift card at the full retail value form the parish, the difference goes to the Church!
- Parishioners don't pay more than retail value - it is no different than purchsing a gift card from the store itself.
To see a list of participating retailers, Download the Scrip Order Form.
There are 3 ways to purchase the gift cards:
1. SCRIP is sold after Mass on Saturday evening and after all Masses on Sunday in the Gathering Area. There are some weekends SCRIP is not sold so volunteers can spend time with their families (eg. Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day).
Scrip is also sold in the Accounting Office (Parish Office) during the week.
- No Scrip sales on Monday.
- During the school year: SCRIP is sold in the Accounting Office (located within the Parish Office) from 10:00 AM-3:00 PM Tuesday - Friday.
- Summer SCRIP sales: If you would like to purchase SCRIP during the week, please drop your order form and payment off in the church office. We will fill your order and contact you when it is ready for pickup.
2. Fill out an order form and pick up your gift cards the following weekend. Return order form to School Office, Parish Office, or to the Scrip volunteers before/after Mass. Orders are placed on Mondays, and will be available the next weekend for pick up. Last order before Christmas will be placed on Monday, December 17.
3. Sign up for a family account as part of Prince of Peace and order/pay online via bank account withdrawal. There are also instant and reloadable gift cards available for vendors like Walmart, Amazon, Target and many more! Set up an account:
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
- Click on Join a Program
- Enter Prince of Peace Enrollment Code: 98AL9D141L41
- Once your account is set up, you can also use Scrip while on the go, through myscripwallet.com.
What have SCRIP funds been used for?
SCRIP has been in existence for over 10 years at Prince of Peace and raises approximately $25,000 to $30,000 annually. In the past SCRIP has been used for:
- Facility maintenance - new carpet and paint in the parish school
- Project Moses
- Purchase tables and chairs for the SMT Parish Hall
- Assisted with the lighting system in the Church
- The monument sign in front of the Church
- New sound system for the School
- School desks and computers
- New Terrazo flooring in the Gathering Area
These are just a few examples of what SCRIP funds have been able to do for the parish. Every time you use SCRIP you are gifting to the parish!
Did You Know?
- You can gift Scrip to coaches and teachers, it allows them to pick out the gift card of their choice for the amount of the gift. See the SCRIP volunteers in the Gathering Area for more info!
- SCRIP Volunteers have lists of all the School teachers favorite gift cards to help you select for them one of their favorites!
- Many parishioners use SCRIP for their weekly grocery shopping or to pay their Kohls or Discover bills. We have HyVee, Walmart, Price Chopper, Target, and many more! Scrip already contributes approximately $10,000 per year to Prince of Peace, with a very limited number of parishioners participating.
For questions or more information, please contact SCRIP Coordinators: Kristin Lopeman (913-634-6826) or Colleen Hochberg (816-547-2857) at email@example.com.