What is SCRIP? It's fundraising while you shop!
Scrip is a gift card fundraising program where an organization buys gift cards at a discount and then sells them to families at face value. Think of this program as donating some of your “points” on credit cards to your church. Instead of using a credit or debit card to purchase groceries, clothes, etc., you purchase the retailers cards at face value in advance and use those.
How much extra does buying gift cards from SCRIP cost?
ZERO!! They cost you NOTHING EXTRA. You pay face value for any cards purchased.
To see a list of participating retailers go to:
There are 3 ways to purchase Scrip gift cards:
1. Buy ONLINE: Sign up for a family account as part of Prince of Peace and order/pay online via bank account withdrawal. There are also instant and reloadable (GREAT for you favorite college kids) gift cards available for vendors like Walmart, Amazon, Target and many more! To set up an account:
- Copy and paste (or manually enter) the Enrollment Code for Prince of Peace: 98AL9D141L41 at www.shopwithscrip.com or my https://www.myscripwallet.com/enroll
- Click on Register and create your own unique username and password Sign up for a family account with your personal information (you will only need to do this step the first time)
- Once your account is set up, you can shop anytime online from your computer at www.shopwithscrip or while on the go through www.myscripwallet.com and the money goes directly to Prince of Peace!
2. Reload Gift Cards: Once you have an account, you may also reload many gift cards at www.shopwithscrip.com. You will see a little recycle symbol for cards that are eligible. Great for cards that you use frequently like Wal-Mart of Target!
3. Pick up a card after Mass on Saturday evening and after all morning Masses on Sunday in the Gathering Area. There are a few weekends when Scrip is not sold so volunteers can spend time with their families (eg. Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, etc.)
SCRIP is also sold in the Accounting Office (located within the Parish Office) during the week from 10:00 AM-3:00 PM Tuesday - Friday. No Scrip sales on Monday as this is when orders are placed.
Orders for cards we don’t keep in stock: Fill out an order form at your convenience. Return order form to School Office, Parish Office, or to the Scrip volunteers before/after Mass. Orders are placed each Monday, and will be available for you to pick up after the upcoming weekend Masses or the following week from the church office.
Why do we want you to buy Gift Cards from SCRIP?
SCRIP is a great fundraiser for our church. Buying Gift Cards from SCRIP does not cost our parishioners any extra money but raises THOUSANDS of dollars for our parish.
What have SCRIP funds been used for?
Scrip has been in existence for over 10 years at Prince of Peace and raises approximately $25,000 to $30,000 annually. In the past Scrip has been used for:
- Facility maintenance - new carpet and paint in the parish school
- Project Moses
- Purchase tables and chairs for the SMT Parish Hall
- Assisted with the lighting system in the Church
- The monument sign in front of the Church
- New sound system for the School
- School desks and computers
- New Terrazo flooring in the Gathering Area
These are just a few examples of what Scrip funds have been able to do for the parish. Every time you use Scrip you are gifting to the parish!
Did You Know?
- You can gift Scrip to coaches and teachers, it allows them to pick out the gift card of their choice for the amount of the gift. See the Scrip volunteers in the Gathering Area for more info!
- Scrip Volunteers have lists of all the Parish School teachers’ and Parish Priests’ favorite gift cards to help you select for them one of their favorites!
- Many parishioners use Scrip for their weekly grocery shopping or to pay their Kohls or Discover bills. We have HyVee, Walmart, Price Chopper, Target, and many more! Scrip already contributes approximately $10,000 per year to Prince of Peace, with a very limited number of parishioners participating.
SCRIP on the go:
View the MyScripWallet video here for more detail.
MyScripWallet uses your existing ShopWithScrip® and PrestoPay account, so you have access to more than 250 of your favorite brands available in ScripNow eCards, and over 75 brands that can be reloaded. MyScripWallet offers the widest selection of electronically delivered products and the highest rebates available anywhere, and all of your orders will be tracked on your ShopWithScrip account. MyScripWallet is currently supported on iPhone and Android devices. Visit www.MyScripWallet.com and try it today!