Scrip is a parish-wide fundraising effort. Gift certificates/cards to your favorite restaurants, grocery stores, department stores, theaters, sporting good stores, home improvement stores and more, are available for purchase after Masses each weekend. Each establishment donates a percentage of the purchase back to the Church.
Volunteers are always needed to sell Scrip before and after each Mass on the weekends. Contact Kristin Lopeman (913-634-6826) or Colleen Hochberg (816-547-2857) at email@example.com.
To see a list of participating retailers, Download the Scrip Order Form.
When/Where is SCRIP sold?
SCRIP is sold after Mass on Saturday evening and after all Masses on Sunday in the Gathering Area. There are some weekends SCRIP is not sold so volunteers can spend time with their families (eg. Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day).
Scrip is sold in the Accounting Office (Parish Office) during the week.
- No Scrip sales on Monday.
- During the school year: SCRIP is sold in the Accounting Office (located within the Parish Office) from 10:00 AM-3:00 PM Tuesday - Friday.
- Summer SCRIP sales: If you would like to purchase SCRIP during the week, please drop your order form and payment off in the church office. We will fill your order and contact you when it is ready for pickup.
If you have questions contact the Accounting Office at 913.747.7711.
What have SCRIP funds been used for?
SCRIP has been in existence for over 10 years at Prince of Peace and raises approximately $25,000 to $30,000 annually. In the past SCRIP has been used for:
- Facility maintenance - new carpet and paint in the parish school
- Project Moses
- Purchase tables and chairs for the SMT Parish Hall
- Assisted with the lighting system in the Church
- The monument sign in front of the Church
- New sound system for the School
- School desks and computers
- New Terrazo flooring in the Gathering Area
These are just a few examples of what SCRIP funds have been able to do for the parish. Every time you use SCRIP you are gifting to the parish!