First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion
Enjoy this beautiful year with your child!
At Prince of Peace, we provide formal preparation in addition to what your child is receiving either at Prince of Peace School or through the School of Religion.
We focus on the Sacrament of Reconciliation in the first half of the year and the Sacrament of the Eucharist in the second half of the year. One cannot worthily receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist without the Sacrament of Reconcilation.
To help you prepare your child and yourself, we have the following events with your child and your family in mind:
First Holy Communion
- Saturday, April 21, 10:30 a.m. - Noon, Last Names Beginning A-L
- Saturday, April 28, 10:30 a.m. - Noon, Last Names Beginning M-Z
First Communion Banners
Completed Banners are due by March 9th.
Please return in the bag in which you received your banner supplies. This bag keeps parts together if they fall off (and they do). The name tag on the bag also makes quick work of organizing banners.
Tip: If you have family/friends coming who will be arriving separately but will be sitting with you, send them a photo of your child's banner.
Additional Communion Resources
- Formed Videos (required your create and log into your Formed account)'
- Understanding the Mass
- Sacraments 101: Eucharist (how we receive) - by Busted Halo
Informative Videos about our Church
- Baptismal Font
- Saints & Stained Glass
- the Sanctuary
- Presider's Chair
- Altar Candles
Now that our children have made their First Reconciliation, let's all continue to learn more about this beautiful sacrament and attend regularly.
Additional Reconciliation Resources
- That Catholic Couple (TCC): Our Secret Weapon For Confession
- USCCB Examinations of Conscience as featured in the TCC Video
- My Side of the Confessional: What Is It Like for a Priest? by Fr. Mike Schmitz
- 5 Ways to Prepare Your Child For First Reconciliation
- Busted Halo Sacraments 101: Penance (why we confess)
- Confession 101 - What is it & how it's done - part one
- Confession 101 - What is it & how to do it - part two
- Sacrament Of Reconciliation: Explained
- Stations of the Cross Video
- The Crucifix
- Learning the Sign of the Cross
- 4 Tips To Learn Sign of Cross
Two-Year Sacramental Preparation
Fr. Jerry deeply respects the institutions of family and parish. Religious education, including sacramental preparation, should take place primarily within one's family, under the umbrella of one's home parish.