Elementary SOR evangelizes and catechizes children in 1st-6th Grade. The Elementary SOR Program follows the school year, running from September - May.
Parents as Primary Catechists
Weekly Home Lessons:
Weekly home lessons are at the heart of our program. Children complete ~½-hour weekly home lessons using Ignatius Press's Faith & Life series presented through My Catholic Faith Delivered (MCFD). These lessons are a vital tool in helping to establish parents as their child’s primary catechists.
Monthly Classes/Parent Meetings
Periodic Family Gatherings
We meet in the Parish Hall or Church periodically for Family Gatherings. Families attend together, as there is no child supervision on this evening. The same event will be offered that given Monday and Wednesday. While it is generally most convenient for families to attend on their given SOR evening, families are welcome to attend either session. As you are attending with your children, you are supervising them, and therefore, there are no Virtus issues.
My Catholic Faith Delivered and the Faith and Life Series
Please visit the My Catholic Faith Delivered webpage for more information on the program. As well, please review the documents below.
MCFD employs the Faith and Life Series. Please review endorsements of the program HERE.
Random Helpful Information
Franciscan Media provides insights into how to answer the number one question asked by children (and many adults), Will I See My Dog in Heaven?
- Game Pieces (The pieces you move around the board. If you have old games missing pieces and would like to donate the others, we'll take 'um.)
- Physical Bingo Markers or Tiddly Winks, (not the liquid daubers. I am not that brave!)
- Lego Minifigures
- Hula Hoops (Clean ones only, please.)
Prince of Peace respects the institutions of family and parish. Religious education, including sacramental preparation, should take place primarily within one's family, under the umbrella of one's home parish.
2018-2019 SOR Schedules
- Elementary SOR Mondays 2018-2019
- Elementary SOR Wednesdays 2018-2019
- Elementary SOR Catechist Formation 2018-2019
2018-2019 Home Lesson Syllabi
- 1st Grade Home Syllabus
- 2nd Grade Home Syllabus
- 3rd Grade Home Syllabus
- 4th Grade Home Syllabus
- 5th Grade Home Syllabus
- 6th Grade Home Syllabus
- My Catholic Faith Delivered Getting Started Guide for Parents
- My Catholic Faith Delivered - General Information
- My Catholic Faith Delivered - Flipping the Classroom
- MCFD and Ignatius Press Collaboration
- "Reasons I Never Shower"
- "It's Not My Job..."
- "Can We Please Pursue Spiritual Excellence at Least as Hard as We Do Sports and Academics?"
- "The No. 1 Reason Teens Keep the Faith as Young Adults"
- "Religious Upbringing Linked with Happier, Healthier Youth Adulthood"