Prince of Peace Elementary (1st - 6th Grade)
Mondays & Wednesdays 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Weekly Home Lessons: Children do home lessons weekly using Ignatius Press's Faith & Life series presented through My Catholic Faith Delivered. Each Grade's Home Lesson Syllabus is attached below under Additional Resources. These lessons are a vital part of this program. As such, we track and record your progress.
Each Syllabus is slightly different. The greatest difference is for 2nd Grade, as they have additional lessons, and we jump around to prepare for First Reconciliation before Christmas and First Holy Communion in the Spring. But you will see variations from grade-to-grade.
Monthly Classes/Parent Meetings
Children meet monthly in the Prince of Peace School Classrooms while parents attend their Parent Meeting in the Parish Hall.
- The children classes are NOT interchangable. To remain Virtus-compliant, the children attend the class they are placed in.
- We offer the same Parent Talk on that given Monday and Wednesday. While it's generally most convenient for parents to attend when their children are in their Elementary SOR classes, feel free to attend this on the other night as needs be.\
Periodic Family Gatherings
We all meet in the Parish Hall periodically for a Family Gathering. Families attend together, as there is no child supervision on this evening. The same event will be offered that given Monday and Wednesday. While it is generally most convenient for families to attend on their given SOR evening, families are welcome to attend either session. As you are attending with your children, you are supervising them, and there are no Virtus issues.
This is training for Elementary SOR catechists and volunteers. If you are not volunteering with this program, you need not attend. Consult the Elementary SOR Calendar below in Additional Resources for details.
Did you miss registration from April through the July 31st deadline? Don't panic. You are not alone. Provided we have room in a given class, late registration is still underway. Registration Questions? Please call Jean at (913) 747-7742.Technical Support for My Catholic Faith Delivered or Other questions about the program, call Shannon at (913) 747-7745 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Catholic Faith Delivered and the Faith and Life Series
Please visit the My Catholic Faith Delivered webpage for more information on the program. As well, please review the documents below.
MCFD employs the Faith and Life Series. Please review endorsements of the program HERE.
Random Helpful Information
Franciscan Media provides insights into how to answer the number one question asked by children (and many adults), Will I See My Dog in Heaven?
The Elementary SOR Program is looking for donations:
- Game Pieces (The pieces you move around the board. If you have old games missing pieces and would like to donate the others, we'll take 'um.)
- Physical Bingo Markers or Tiddly Winks, (not the liquid daubers. I'm not that brave!)
- Lego Minifigures
- Hula Hoops (Clean ones only, please.)
If you wish to donate any of these items, please drop them off at the Christian Formation Office. Thank you and God Bless.
Fr. Jerry deeply respects the institutions of family and parish. Religious education should take place within one's family, under the umbrella of one's home parish.
- Interested in volunteering with our SOR program, please complete this form
Catholic Parent Newsletter
- 2017-2018 Elementary SOR Calendar
- Prince of Peace Classroom Map for Elementary SOR 2017-2018
- 1st Grade Faith and Life Home Lessons Syllabus
- 2nd Grade Faith and Life Home Lessons Syllabus
- 3rd Grade Faith and Life Home Lessons Syllabus
- 4th Grade Faith and Life Home Lessons Syllabus
- 5th Grade Faith and Life Home Lessons Syllabus
- 6th Grade Faith and Life Home Lessons Syllabus
- MCFD Getting Started Guide for Parents
- Elementary SOR Map of Entrances for 2017-2018
- My Catholic Faith Delivered - General Information
- My Catholic Faith Delivered - Flipping the Classroom
- MCFD and Ignatius Press Collaboration