Help one another this is what Jesus teaches us. This is what I do. And I do it with my heart." Pope Francis
Listed below are current service opportunity signups:
- Volunteer in our School of Religion Programs
The SOR programs (Children's Church, Elementary SOR, and EDGE/Confirmation) are always in need of individuals who are interested in being a part of the formation process for our youth. Whether you prefer to be teaching or assisting in a class or would like to be a bit more "behind the scenes," there is probably a need that meets your interests, talents, and time commitment. On May 1, 2018, the SOR programs will begin looking for volunteers for the 2018-2019 school year. If you are interested in volunteering, please click here.
- Bring a Meal to the Priests - Times Available thru May 2018
Fr. Jerry and Fr. Agustin really enjoy and appreciate the weekly meals that you have been providing on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings. We are always in need of additional help keeping our priests fed, so if you would like to help in this ministry, we have added time slots from March through May. To find out more information or to sign up please click here to be re-directed to the sign-up on Sign-Up Genius. Also, please remember to pick up any containers you may have waiting for you. Containers are on the back porch of the rectory.
Villa St. Francis Birthday Parties
POP sponsors monthly resident birthday parties at Villa St. Francis. We are in need of people to play BINGO with the residents, and perhaps serve cake, icecream, and drinks. Volunteers simply show up and serve from 2:15-4 PM the second Saturday of each month. We lso need donations of items to go in resident birthday bags monthly. Suggested items include small bottles of lotion, gum, hard candies, pens, notepads, inspirational scripture cards, non-slip fuzzy socks, etc. Thank you! Please contact Stephanie Steger at email@example.com if you have questions. We hope to see you there!
- Villa St. Francis Faith in Bloom Luncheon - Wednesday, May 9 from 11:30 am-1pm
- Reserve your seats today! Your ticket allows Villa St. Francis to continue to offer five-star care, state of the art programming, and a warm, comforting environment to seniors in need in our community. This year's luncheon will celebrate exciting updates being made at Villa St. Francis and honor Archbishop Emeritus James Keleher's 60 years of service to the Church. At the luncheon, the inaugural "Joseph F. Naumann Sanctity of Life Award" will be presented to a member of the Archdiocese who has exemplified outstanding dedication to the pro-life mission of the church. Individual tickets are $100 each and can be purchased online at www.FaithInBloomLuncheon.com. For sponsorship information or to reserve a table, contact Villa St. Francis Director of Community Relations Tiffany Howell-Clair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catholic Charity Food Truck
Once a month, the Catholic Charities Food Truck collects food and monetary donations in the POP parking lot before or after Masses one weekend. The next collection will be the weekend of April 28 and 29. Please see the photo below for items that are most in need this month. Thank you for your continued support of those in need!