- The following Archdiocesan guidelines for scheduling the building on Sundays and Holy Days will be in place at Prince of Peace. Sunday has always been accorded a special place in the life of the Church. It is the weekly Easter in which we celebrate Christ’s victory over sin and death and also participate in a foreshadowing of the eternal life of heaven. In addition to the celebration of Sunday Eucharist, the faithful are strongly encouraged to make it a day of rest and leisure to cultivate their familial, cultural, social, and religious lives. (CCC 2184) In addition to worshipping God through the Sunday Eucharist and providing space for cultivating family life, the Church recognizes that this is a day that can also foster cultural, social and religious life. As long as activities are celebratory, communal and occasional, they would be in accord with the way we are called to live out our Sundays. So parish wide celebrations, donuts after Mass, artistic and musical performances and occasional activities will be allowed. Sports practices, regular scout meetings, or committee meetings will not be scheduled. No activities will be scheduled during Sunday Mass or Holy Day Mass times. The Pastor will make the decision if there is a question about whether it is allowable. Catechetical activities (Confirmation classes, School of Religion, RCIA, etc.) are also fitting for parish communities. For, as Pope John Paul II wrote, “Even in lay life, when possible, why not make provision for . . . moments of catechesis, which on the eve of Sunday or on Sunday afternoon might prepare for or complete the gift of the Eucharist in people's hearts?” (DD 52)
- The Parish church may not be used for activities other than spiritual or liturgical in nature.
- The Parking Lot is considered part of Prince of Peace facility use. You must schedule it if you are having an event in the parking lot and you are responsible for clean-up of the parking lot.
- Priority will be given to Religious and Spiritual Activities at Prince of Peace and Parish Organizations using the Prince of Peace tax ID #.
- Scheduling of activities other than spiritual/liturgical and educational will be taken on a first come first serve basis beginning June 1 of each calendar year. Any activities, speakers, or events that occur on Prince of Peace property can not conflict with the teachings of the Catholic Church. Any activity that is found to be in conflict with the teachings of the Catholic Church will be subject to cancellation.
- All building requests must state the group, date and time needed, how many people, what is the purpose of your group, and if you need any special equipment (tables, chairs, AV equipment, etc).
- All adults working with children must be VIRTUS trained and follow all Prince of Peace policies regarding working with and supervising children. A group involving children must submit names of adults to the VIRTUS coordinator prior to meeting to verify Virtus compliance.
- All groups are responsible for set up and clean up of the reserved space.