Holy Week Liturgy Guides
- Holy Thursday Liturgy Guide
- Good Friday Liturgy Guide
- Easter Sunday Liturgy Guide
- Easter Sunday Children's Bulletin
- Find other Holy Week resources below in our "At-Home Resources" section!
Prince of Peace Coronavirus Sacramental Info
Sunday Mass Live-Streams
According to the Archbishop, all public Masses are suspended until further notice. This includes the extension of the dispensation by the Archbishop for ALL the faithful from the obligation to participate at Mass on Sundays. Prince of Peace will celebrate two masses daily, Monday – Saturday in private for the scheduled intentions. We will livestream two Sunday Masses, one at 9 AM and the other at 11 AM. Funeral masses may be scheduled as needed but limited to no more than 10 people, including clergy, assisting ministers, family members and friends. (Click here to visit the Prince of Peace Catholic Church Olathe Facebook Page) Daily Masses are live-streamed everyday at 9 AM.
Are you new to Facebook or need help finding our Live-Streamed videos? Check out our How-To Facebook Guide here!
The sacrament of penance will be celebrated, but penance services are canceled. Prince of Peace will offer individual confessions every Wednesday at 6:00 pm during Lent. Beginning 3/25, we will have Drive-Up Confessions in the circle drive. FOR DRIVE UP CONFESSIONS: Please enter at the East parking lot, and follow the signs to the circle drive. Confessors will be located at the School Entrance and the Main Church Entrance. You will be directed to step out of your car for priests to hear your Confession, 6-feet away to keep a safe social distance. We thank you for your patience and cooperation as we try this out tonight for the first time!
Anointing of the Sick
Holy Communion may still be administered by clergy, and anointing of the sick may still be administered by priests to those seriously ill or in danger of death, but always following the protocols for handwashing and use of masks as appropriate and needed. Please contact the parish office for the Anointing of the Sick before entering the hospital if possible.
Baptisms are encouraged to be delayed until after the Shelter in Place order for COVID-19 is lifted. Baptism, where the one wanting to be baptized is in imminent danger of death, may still take place if a priest can gain access to the location of the person. Please call the Parish Office at 913-782-8864.
Private Prayer in the Church - Closed
In an attempt to be compliant with the "Stay at Home" Order and to be in solidarity with the other parishes of the Johnson County region, of which we are a part, our parish church will be closed to public access until the "Stay at Home" Order is lifted.
Live-Stream the Angelus Monday-Friday at 12pm (starting 3/19/2020)
Live-Stream Holy Hour on Fridays at 3pm during the time of suspension due to COVID-19.
Parish Offices will be closed to the public, however, Staff will be available via phone and email to take calls and answer any questions between 8am-4pm Monday-Friday.
COVID-19 Isolation Support
Holy Week Resources
- HolyWeek@Home Activities for families from Pastoral Center (This website includes great activities for each day during holy week - family prayer services, activity pages for kids, videos, crafts, and recipes!)
- Palm Sunday Preparation Do-It-Yourself Retreat (This retreat is a printable resource by Lisa Brenninkmeyer who is an author and speaker who helps women experience the transforming power of God's unconditional love. Desiring to see women come to know Christ personally, she founded Walking with Purpose, a Catholic Women's Bible Study program. This particular study is to Prepare for Palm Sunday.)
- Virtual Catholic Conference, April 3-5 for Men and Women (Unite with Catholics globally in a time of separation as we join together online April 3rd-5th. The Virtual Catholic Conference is the largest gathering of Catholics happening online right now world-wide; this is THE place to be as we gather as the Universal Church to put our eyes on Jesus! We have Inspiring AND Practical Teaching from More Than 60 Speakers Including:Sister Bethany Madonna, Jason Evert, Katie Hartfiel, Deacon Harold Burke Sivers, Father Mike Schmitz, and Mike and Alicia Hernon! This conference is totally online and free April 3rd -5th so parents can easily watch and share! Even if people cannot make the free conference weekend, they can still sign up and learn about options to gain unlimited access after the event. There is a men’s specific track and a women’s specific conference so parents can sign up for either!)
- Lesson plans for teaching your kids about Holy Week (from The Religion Teacher)
- Holy Week Free Guide from the Messy Family Project (Are you at a loss how to celebrate Holy Week this year? Though we find ourselves in this unprecedented time, parents can still celebrate this holy season using some resources found through the Messy Family Project. Just follow the link below to get a service you can adapt for your family for Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter morning. Even if we can't have mass, you CAN pray with your family at home.)
- Triduum Booklet PDF with Reflections on the Gospels, Historical Reflections, and Reflections in the Home for Holy Week.
- Seder Meal Video (Learn more about the history of the meal Jesus celebrated with his disciples in the upper room at the Last Supper)
Prayer & Spiritual Resources
- ArchKCK Office of Marriage & Family Life COVID-19 Resources (Connect to Mass, Family Prayer Resources, Faith Formation Resources, At-Home Date Nights/Marriage Enrichment)
- Daily Gospel & Reflection Videos (Join Fr. Kenn's daily Facebook video reflections from the Lenten Little Black Book)
- Daily Mass Video (Join Mass in the Chapel of Bishop Robert Barron. Videos are posted each morning at 7:15 AM.)
- Magnificat and Living with Christ and Living Faith Kids (all are offering free acces to their online versions for following along with the scriptures and parts of the Mass)
- Coronavirus Novena (Begins Friday, March 20. While we face the coronavirus pandemic, join this Novena to turn to the face of God in prayer and ask for His healing, His help, and His protection.)
- Sunday Supplication Resource from the Archdiocese (Family prayers for Palm Sunday)
- ArchKCK Spiritual Resources during COVID-19 webpage
Education at Home
- Catholic Icing (Homeschooling Tips for Non-Homeschoolers)
- Look to Him and be Radiant (Blog "Ideas for Learning and Praying At Home" includes prayer resources, book lists, videos, ideas for students - listed by grade from Pre-K through high school.)
- Khan Academy (Free educational resources for schools, teachers, and parents. Khan Academy offers exercises, quizzes, and tests so students can practice and master skills, as well as instructional videos to help students learn or review material.)
- Religious Education E-Learning Help for Parents (Online resources from "The Religion Teacher")
For the Kids
- Children Celebrate! (FREE digital version of the Children's Leaflets for March 1st - May 24th of Children Celebrate! - Children's Liturgy of the Word program. Each lesson includes: Full-color leaflets that retell each each week's Scripture message, puzzles and other activities, a Family Corner feature with ideas to build on the Gospel message)
- Children's Bulletin Activity Pages (Click to download these four different bulletins with activities for kiddos: April 5, April 12, April 19, April 26)
- Live Stream Events for Kids (from Kansas City on the Cheap... A list of live streams for kids, including dancing, cooking, puppets, singing, dancing, art, and more)
- How to Pray the Rosary Coloring Sheets (printable from thecatholickid.com)
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to take with your Kids (Virtually explore art musems, zoos, aquariums, and more!)
- Gary Thomas Blog (Gary Thomas is a bestselling author and international speaker whose ministry brings people closer to Christ and closer to others. He unites the study of Scripture, church history, and the Christian classics to foster spiritual growth and deeper relationships within the Christian community.)
- Love & Respect Program (Their website is full of marriage & parenting information, resources, blogs, podcasts, books, etc.)
- For Your Marriage (Great articles on family life, parenting, marriage, daily marriage tips, and building family bonds during this pandemic!)
- "Rooted in Love" video (During this difficult, confusing, and frightening time, Mike Smith, the host of The Harbor™ by Jostens, acknowledges the challenges we are all facing during the COVID-19 pandemic and related restrictions. Mike issues a call to action for all of us, in this unprecedented time, to find ways to build community, take care of one another, and stay rooted in love.)
- The Messy Family Project (Check out this site for great resources to strengthen your marriage, transform your parenting, and develop a family culture)
A Message from Archbishop Naumann
I encourage all of the faithful to continue to join together in prayer for the health and protection of our entire community and nation, and for an end to this crisis. I encourage all families and individuals to pray the rosary, invoking the intercession and protection of our Blessed Mother, Health of the Sick, for these intentions and for the health and well-being of our brothers and sisters who are ill, for their caretakers, and for all doctors, nurses, medical and emergency preparedness personnel and elected officials.