October 18 (The 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time)
Click here for the new Archdiocesan Protocols for Public Worship (as of July 3, 2020)
Prince of Peace Coronavirus Sacramental Info
(Updated Sept. 3, 2020)
Daily Masses: Monday-Friday at 6:15 AM and 8:15 AM, and Saturday at 8:15 AM.
Sunday Masses: Saturdays at 5 PM, and Sundays at 7:30 AM, 9 AM, 11AM, and 5 PM.
Important Mass Updates
5 PM Sunday Mass is Back
Our 5 PM Sunday Mass will be starting back up Sunday, Sept. 13! No registration required for this Mass. Masks are required, social distancing measures will be in place, and ushers will assist in getting parishioners seated.
8:15 AM School Masses
Beginning the week of Labor Day, Prince of Peace School children will be joining us for 8:15 AM Daily Mass on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Others attending Mass will need to sit in the back of church. Masks are required for all.
Beginning on September 12/13, seating at the 5PM Saturday and 7:30AM Sunday Mass will be every third pew (as it has been for the past few months). For the 9AM, 11AM and 5PM Masses on Sunday, we will be seating in every other pew. This will allow more parishioners to attend Mass, but still offers different seating options based on parishioners’ comfort level.
Rite for Distributing Holy Communion Outside of Mass
Starting Sunday, Aug. 23, we will be holding a Rite for Distributing Holy Communion outside of Mass, each Sunday at 10:15 AM in the North Parking Lot!
This service is intended for those who are participating in the Mass live-streams online due to underlying health issues, but still would like to receive the Most Holy Eucharist. There will be short prayer service, which will be broadcast on FM radio (the station will be posted outside). At the time of distribution of Holy Communion, please step out of your car if you are able and deacons will come distribute communion to each car individually.
Please read our POP Mass Attendance Guidelines (updated 8/1/2020) document for details on what reopening Prince of Peace will look like and require.
Live-streaming: The 9 AM Mass will be streamed on Facebook Live. (Click here to visit the Prince of Peace Catholic Church Olathe Facebook Page... If you have a Smart TV, you can download the Facebook Watch app on your TV, log in with to your Facebook account, and stream Masses directly from your TV!) Recorded video of the 9 AM Mass will also be available to watch on our "Prince of Peace Catholic Church Olathe" YouTube Channel after 10:30 AM on Sundays.
Beginning on August 1, Reconciliation will be moved back into the Church building. Please join us on Saturdays from 3:30-4:40 PM (doors open at 3 PM) or on Wednesdays at NOON. Directions are posted inside the main doors with instructions on lines and locations. Please remain socially distanced and wear a mask in the building. If you are in need of an outdoor/curbside confession, that can be arranged either by appointment or by sending in a messenger during normal confession times so the priest can meet you curbside just outside the Chapel.
Anointing of the Sick
Holy Communion may still be administered by clergy, and anointing of the sick may still be administered by priests to those seriously ill or in danger of death, but always following the protocols for handwashing and use of masks as appropriate and needed. Please contact the parish office for the Anointing of the Sick before entering the hospital if possible.
Baptisms may be scheduled for 1 PM on the 2nd and 4th Sundays each month in Church, with all social distancing guidelines in place. Please contact Linda Murray in the Parish Office. (913.782.8864) for more information and scheduling.
Private Prayer in the Church
The Church will be open for personal prayer time Monday-Friday from 10AM to 2PM. Please practice social distancing!
We have resumed our normal monthly First Friday Holy Hour at 6 PM on the first Friday of the month. Join us to spend time in the presence of Jesus! All social distancing practices in the Mass Attendance Guidelines will be in place.
Parish Offices will be closed to the public, however, Staff will be available via phone and email to take calls and answer any questions between 8AM-4PM Monday-Friday.
COVID-19 Isolation Support
Prayer & Spiritual Resources
- ArchKCK Office of Marriage & Family Life COVID-19 Resources (Connect to Mass, Family Prayer Resources, Faith Formation Resources, At-Home Date Nights/Marriage Enrichment)
- Magnificat and Living with Christ and Living Faith Kids (all are offering free acces to their online versions for following along with the scriptures and parts of the Mass)
- Truth and Life Dramatized Bible from FORMED. This audio recording of the Bible is excellent for bringing the Scriptures to life and allowing us to hear verses again in context.
- September/October 2020 Catholic Parenting Newsletter from the Archdiocesan Marriage & Family Life Office (available in English and Spanish)
- November/December 2020 Catholic Parenting Newsletter from the Archdiocesan Marriage & Family Life Office (in English and Spanish)
Education at Home
- Catholic Icing (Homeschooling Tips for Non-Homeschoolers)
- Look to Him and be Radiant (Blog "Ideas for Learning and Praying At Home" includes prayer resources, book lists, videos, ideas for students - listed by grade from Pre-K through high school.)
- Khan Academy (Free educational resources for schools, teachers, and parents. Khan Academy offers exercises, quizzes, and tests so students can practice and master skills, as well as instructional videos to help students learn or review material.)
- Religious Education E-Learning Help for Parents (Online resources from "The Religion Teacher")
- Parent Helpline 1-800-CHILDREN (Since 1993, Kansas Children’s Service League’s Parent Helpline (1-800-CHILDREN) has offered a voice who will listen and empathize with callers’ concerns and provide help with simple questions or complex situations. Information, referrals and support are provided statewide anonymously to parents, relatives, caregivers, youth and professionals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This line is designed to meet the needs of parents and caregivers who feel isolated and frustrated when trying to meet the challenges of raising children. In calendar year 2019 the Parent Helpline answered 1,648 calls. Inquiries can be made via email or text using 1800CHILDREN@kcsl.org.The Parent Helpline is also available as a mobile phone App. This is a free download that can be found by searching The Parent Helpline in either the Android or Apple stores. The App also contains links for Parent Tip Cards on the KCSL website or has simple one touch dialing if you decide you need additional information.
Top reasons for calls to the Parent Helpline include basic parenting, child development, behavior management, questions about reporting child abuse and neglect, mental health, legal concerns and information about programs/services. Call the Parent Helpline at either 1-800-CHILDREN or 1-800-332-6378 for resources, referrals and other information.)
For the Kids
- Children Celebrate! (FREE digital version of the Children's Leaflets for March 1st - May 24th of Children Celebrate! - Children's Liturgy of the Word program. Each lesson includes: Full-color leaflets that retell each each week's Scripture message, puzzles and other activities, a Family Corner feature with ideas to build on the Gospel message)
- Live Stream Events for Kids (from Kansas City on the Cheap... A list of live streams for kids, including dancing, cooking, puppets, singing, dancing, art, and more)
- How to Pray the Rosary Coloring Sheets (printable from thecatholickid.com)
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to take with your Kids (Virtually explore art musems, zoos, aquariums, and more!)
- Gary Thomas Blog (Gary Thomas is a bestselling author and international speaker whose ministry brings people closer to Christ and closer to others. He unites the study of Scripture, church history, and the Christian classics to foster spiritual growth and deeper relationships within the Christian community.)
- Love & Respect Program (Their website is full of marriage & parenting information, resources, blogs, podcasts, books, etc.)
- For Your Marriage (Great articles on family life, parenting, marriage, daily marriage tips, and building family bonds during this pandemic!)
- "Rooted in Love" video (During this difficult, confusing, and frightening time, Mike Smith, the host of The Harbor™ by Jostens, acknowledges the challenges we are all facing during the COVID-19 pandemic and related restrictions. Mike issues a call to action for all of us, in this unprecedented time, to find ways to build community, take care of one another, and stay rooted in love.)
- The Messy Family Project (Check out this site for great resources to strengthen your marriage, transform your parenting, and develop a family culture)
- Examination of Conscience for Married People from the USCCB.
A Message from Archbishop Naumann
I encourage all of the faithful to continue to join together in prayer for the health and protection of our entire community and nation, and for an end to this crisis. I encourage all families and individuals to pray the rosary, invoking the intercession and protection of our Blessed Mother, Health of the Sick, for these intentions and for the health and well-being of our brothers and sisters who are ill, for their caretakers, and for all doctors, nurses, medical and emergency preparedness personnel and elected officials.