The mission of the Catholic Youth Organization is to:
- Help youth grow in the image of Christ through athletic events.
- Assure its contestants and managers of complete honesty and fair play at all times.
- Provide proper safeguards for its contestants.
- Cultivate the confidence of the general public in the integrity of the contest played under its sponsorship and supervision.
CYO Athletics is open to all boys and girls in the 3rd through 8th grades that attend Prince of Peace School and/or are members of the parish. Our Mascot is the Cardinal, and our team colors are Red and White.
We participate in the following sports:
- Football (Boys) Fall
- Volleyball (Girls) Fall
- Cross Country (Boys & Girls) Fall
- Basketball (Boys & Girls) Winter
- Track/Field (Boys & Girls) Sprint
For questions or information please contact Athletic Director Dennis Goodeyon, at 913.486.5970 or email@example.com.
But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual
teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences
that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires
to obtain pain of itself, because
it is pain, but because occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure.
To take a trivial example,
which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise,
except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has
no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure